Advocacy Task Force
The Spina Bifida Coalition has a group of concerned members who work to make a difference locally and nationally with issues related to Spina Bifida and disability. We originally worked to advocate for Baby Jane Doe legislation back in the 80’s and more recently impacted housing visitability in Hamilton County. Interested in joining this effort? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to add your name to the list of Spina Bifida advocates. This group works individually and in groups on an “as needed” basis and does not have a regular meeting schedule.
Advocacy Efforts of SBCC Representatives:
- Attend the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) conference in Washington, DC, which includes visits to Capitol Hill
- Serve on the advisory council for the University of Cincinnati University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCCEDD)
- Attend the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority (SORTA) meetings to improve bus access for people with disabilities
- Communicate with Jonathan Lawniczak, ADA Coordinator at City Hall
- Serve on several advisory councils at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center to impact family centered care